Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Moses Farrow defends Woody Allen over abuse claims

Woody Allen, director of the film, "Midnight in Paris," is photographed during an interview in Beverly Hills, California 29 December 2011

Woody Allen has denied sexually abusing his daughter when she was a child. Woody Allen's adopted son has defended the filmmaker over allegations the director molested his daughter in 1992.

Moses Farrow, 36, told People Magazine he believed their mother, actress Mia Farrow used the accusations to turn the children against him.

Dylan Farrow recently renewed the sexual abuse claims after speaking out in an open letter last week.

The authorities investigated the abuse allegations at the time, but Mr Allen was not charged.  The filmmaker has called the allegations "untrue and disgraceful" through his publicist.


Moses Farrow, one of the children Mr Allen and Ms Farrow adopted together, told the magazine his mother had "drummed it into me to hate my father for tearing apart the family and sexually molesting my sister".

This undated image released by Frances Silver shows Dylan Farrow, daughter of Woody Allen and Mia Farrow.

Dylan Farrow alleges Woody Allen molested her when she was seven years old

"I see now that this was a vengeful way to pay him back for falling in love with Soon-Yi." Dylan Farrow told People Magazine her brother's comments were "such a betrayal to me and my whole family".

"My memories are the truth and they are mine and I will live with that for the rest of my life," she said, denying her mother had coached her to accuse Mr Allen. She has previously said she decided to break her silence after two decades, when Woody Allen's latest film, Blue Jasmine, was nominated for an Oscar.

Ms Farrow and Mr Allen split in 1992 amid revelations that Mr Allen had an affair with Soon-Yi Previn, Mia Farrow's adopted daughter with pianist Andre Previn. Mr Allen wed Ms Previn in 1997, and the two remain married.

A panel of psychologists, appointed by US prosecutors and the police at the time of the allegations, concluded that Dylan had not been molested. The case caused controversy when a prosecutor later revealed there had been "probable cause" to charge Mr Allen, but he had chosen not to, in order to protect the child.

Mia Farrow has not directly responded to Moses' statements but tweeted: "I love my daughter. I will always protect her. A lot of ugliness is going to be aimed at me. But this is not about me, it's about her truth."

The New York Times, which originally published Dylan Farrow's open letter, said on Wednesday it may publish a response from Mr Allen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Through this ever open gate
None come too early
None too late
Thanks for dropping in ... the PICs